Monday, September 12, 2011

I love LA - and my sewing machine, in case you missed that last time.

Did I mention yet that I freaking love my sewing machine?

Earlier this summer I found a pair of skinny bootcut jeans at GAP on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous. The only problem is they were made for a giant. I'm 5'6" and I ended up cutting off 2-3 inches from the bottom. I was just rolling them up and tapering them which looked cute for summer. But they would come unrolled and then were really bulky if I tried to wear under boots.

So last night I attempted to taper them myself and shorten them another 2 inches.

SUCCESS!!!
 

The right leg is how long and flared it was before. The left leg is the one I shortened and tapered. I'm so happy with how they turned out! Upon close inspection it's obvious the amateur hem job I did on these babies. But no one will be staring that closely at my ankles. Plus they'll be tucked into boots when fall arrives. Yippee!! Now I can keep buying weird sizes and lengths in the clearance section and do my own alterations!

Friday, we had a great time in LA with Winston, Bill's mom and the boys. The La Brea Tar Pits were a hit with the kids and they got to run around like crazies in the park until Winston got off work. He works in a building directly right across the street so it was convenient. There are these big hills that surround the museum and we spent most of our time lying in the grass and rolling down the hills trying not to break a limb. Holden said, "I love LA".

2 comments: